(LONDON) Katten Muchin Rosenman UK LLP announced today that five practice areas and 14 attorneys were recommended as part of The Legal 500 United Kingdom 2018–2019, the leading guide to law firms in the UK. Additionally, for the first time the firm received the highest ranking in the "Commercial Property: Hotels and Leisure" category.
The publication specifically lauded Katten UK for its "comprehensive hospitality practice, which pulls together extensive sector-focused expertise in corporate real estate, commercial contracts, litigation, finance and IP." Additionally, the firm was praised as a "leading firm in the area of derivatives financial regulation" and a firm whose lawyers "have become great experts in EU and UK law."
The following practice areas and attorneys were recommended in The Legal 500 United Kingdom 2018–2019 guide:
- Corporate and Commercial – Financial Services – Financial Services (Non-Contentions/Regulatory): John Ahern, David A. Brennand, Carolyn H. Jackson, Nathaniel Lalone and Neil Robson
- Corporate and Commercial – M&A– Lower Mid-Market Deals, £50 Million–£250 Million: Paul Rosen, Peter Sugden and Edward A. Tran
- Finance – Derivatives and Structured Products: David A. Brennand, Carolyn H. Jackson, Nathaniel Lalone and Neil Robson
- Real Estate – Commercial Property: Robert Asher, Terry Green, Peter Sugden and Gavin Vollans
- Real Estate – Property Finance: Peter Englund, Terry Green, Michael Speranza, Peter Sugden, Kumar Tewari and Gavin Vollans
For 32 years, The Legal 500 has been analysing the capabilities of law firms across the world, with a comprehensive research programme revised and updated every year to bring the most up-to-date vision of the global legal market. The rankings are based on a series of criteria that highlight the practice area teams who are providing the most cutting-edge and innovative advice to corporate counsel. Research is based on feedback from 300,000 clients worldwide, submissions from law firms and interviews with leading private practice lawyers, and a team of researchers who have unrivalled experience in the legal market.