London Training Contract
We have a variety of practice groups providing a full service to clients, and do not align our trainees to strict departmental seats, which ensures you get as broad an experience as possible. We recruit up to three trainees each year; having a small intake means you are given responsibility early and are able to build internal networks quickly. Our training contract is flexible, designed with your interests in mind as well as our desire to create rounded, commercial, qualified Katten lawyers with strong legal knowledge. Our first year trainee salary is currently £50,000, which increases to £55,000 for second years. In order to be considered for a training contract with us, candidates are expected to first take part in our Summer Vacation Scheme.
London Summer Vacation Scheme
Applications for our 2024 Summer Vacation Scheme will open in the autumn, and will be held in mid-July. The scheme is open to all graduates, penultimate-year law students and final-year non-law students, and we welcome applications from all degree disciplines. You should have, or be on track for, a 2:1 or above and we look for a minimum of ABB at A-Level or equivalent.
To apply, please send your CV, covering letter and academic transcripts to Frankie Arnold at firstname.lastname@example.org. Please carefully follow the below guidelines to ensure your CV and covering letter are free of all identifying information; any applications which do not adhere to the below will be automatically disregarded.
- Your CV and covering letter should be sent in Word format only;
- Both should be attached as separate documents and not set out in the body of the email;
- Your covering letter should be no longer than 1.5 pages - the more concise the better; and
- Any mitigating circumstances should be labelled as such and placed at the bottom of the covering letter.
- To make the selection process as fair as possible, we are using blind recruitment — the removal of identifying information from CVs and covering letters — in our recruitment process.
- When submitting your CV and covering letter please therefore remove your name, address, email address and any social media profiles; the only place your name should appear is on the email to which you attach your application documents. Please also remove all reference to the name of your university, college and school, whilst ensuring grades remain on your CV.
- Your academic transcripts will be checked separately.
Right to Work
- We require confirmation of your right to work in the UK for the duration of the scheme as well as for the two year training contract. Please provide a clearly visible scan of your passport/ID document and any other necessary right to work documentation.
- If you are an EU citizen who has secured pre-settled/settled status please log into the UK government portal and download the appropriate page – providing your log in code and your DOB will not be sufficient.
- Your right to work documentation will be checked separately.