Partner Michael Callahan will present the second half of the two-part webinar "Medical Staff Bylaws: Compliance Gaps and Best Practices" at 2:00 p.m. ET on Wednesday, September 17. Michael will provide a review of the most common compliance gaps and how they can be corrected. He will also identify some best practices for hospitals and medical staffs to consider implementing in light of the rapidly changing health care industry under the Affordable Care Act and other reform measures. The program will:
- provide a review of common medical staff bylaw provisions and identify typical compliance gaps;
- identify alternative provisions and recommendations to achieve compliance;
- identify best practices in the areas of pre-application, appointment and reappointment, exclusive contracts, corrective action, and hearings;
- recommend steps to take to maximize state and federal confidentiality protections for peer review and other patient safety activities; and
- recommend best practices for avoiding the need for formal corrective action, hearings and Data Bank reports.
To view the presentation slides, click here.
To view the collegial intervention sample language, click here.