Health Care partner Michael Callahan will present the "New Data Bank Guidebook: Clarifications and Challenges" session at the MAMSS Annual Conference on Thursday, May 5 at 10:15 a.m. Michael’s presentation will cover topics such as:
- what is considered an "investigation" for Data Bank reporting purposes;
- can the hospital and medical staff define for itself when an investigation is triggered;
- when is the imposition of a proctoring requirement reportable;
- when can a Data Bank report be shared, or not, within a multi-hospital system;
- is a hospital required to query the Data Bank even for medical staff members who do not have any clinical privileges;
- is a Data Bank report discoverable in a medical malpractice corporate negligence case; and
- is taking a leave of absence now reportable.
For more information, click here.
To view the presentation slides, click here.