Intellectual Property partner David Halberstadter will serve as a breakout session facilitator at the MLRC Media Law Conference on September 21–23. The sessions will focus on current intellectual property issues.
Litigation and Dispute Resolution partner Joel Weiner will co-chair the "Entertainment Law" session on Friday, September 23 at 11:15 a.m. During the session, Joel and HBO's Pat Duncan will cover:
- submissions and oral pitches of ideas for film and TV projects, including best practices, submission agreements and idea theft claims;
- acquisition of rights "ripped from the headlines," "based" or "inspired" by true events and the Hurt Locker case;
- vetting the screenplay (what is required and the risk of claims);
- advertising and marketing issues;
- piracy; and
- recent entertainment litigation.
For more information, click here.