Several publications, including Texas Lawyer and The Texas Lawbook, have published articles regarding the recent arrival of five attorneys to the firm 's newly established Dallas office. The new additions include Corporate partner Greg Hidalgo, Litigation partners Barrett Howell and Brandon McCarthy, Transactional Tax Planning special counsel Aaron Pinegar and Litigation special counsel Jorge Solis, former US District Judge for the Northern District of Texas.
"These are highly respected and talented lawyers joining our new office, and this demonstrates the significant investment Katten is making in Dallas," said Mark Solomon, managing partner of the Dallas operation. "We are only getting started, as we are actively talking with a few other groups. It is a great time to grow a law firm in Dallas." Hitting the ground running since the Dallas office opened, Mark was recently recognized by D CEO as M&A Attorney Dealmaker of the Year finalist. With the hiring of this latest group, Katten now has 19 lawyers in Dallas and a total of 34 lawyers in Texas. The firm also has offices in Houston, Austin and Irving.
- "Katten Adds 5 Lawyers in Dallas, Including White-Collar Defense Duo, Former Federal Judge," Texas Lawyer, May 9, 2018
- "Katten Muchin Adds Former Federal Chief Judge & Four Lawyers in Dallas," The Texas Lawbook, May 9, 2018
- "Katten Muchin Grows in Dallas With Retired Judge, 4 Attys," Law360, May 11, 2018
- "The 2018 D CEO Mergers-and-Acquisitions Awards Finalists," D CEO, May 2018
- "M&A Flies High," D CEO, May 2018
- "Movers & Shakers Feature: Rudy Giuliani Leaves Firm as Mueller Presses", The Deal, May 2018