Katten will host “Over the Wall: Opportunities in China and US Private Equity Investing” at 5:30 p.m. on Thursday, November 21. Feng Xue, head of the China practice and chief representative and managing partner of the Shanghai office, and Saul Rudo, national head of the Tax Planning practice, will join industry experts Harvey Fine, managing director – Global Investments & Strategies for FOSUN Group; Andrew Rice, senior vice president of The Jordan Company; Alan Clingman, chief executive officer and chairman at China Horizon; and Euan Rellie, senior managing director of Business Development Asia LLC, for a discussion of the latest trends and recent issues regarding both US private equity investments into China and Chinese outbound investments into the United States. Topics will include:
- Current business environment and new opportunities under the new leadership;
- High-growth business sectors in the next five years;
- Strategies for tax structuring;
- Exit strategies;
- Government relations;
- Common pitfalls – legal and non-legal; and
- Other multijurisdictional issues specific to the People’s Republic of China.
To register for the presentation, click here.