Michael Callahan, of counsel with Katten's Health Care team, will co-present "Patient Safety Organizations (PSOs): What Every Physician Group and Ambulatory Services Provider Needs to Know" sessions on Monday, February 10 at 4:55 p.m. and Tuesday, February 11 at 4:45 p.m. at the AHLA's Physicians and Hospitals Law Institute. Topics will include:
- the Patient Safety Act and Status of Privilege Protections and court decisions to date;
- litigations lessons learned and impact on policy design and arguments to support assertion of the privilege;
- profile of a large physician group and issues addressed when contemplating whether to join a PSO;
- steps taken to obtain buy-in in order to obtain physician support and participation;
- infrastructure and committee design to achieve the privilege protection and goal of improving patient care; and
- examples of quality initiatives and outcomes achieved by physician groups.