Gary DeWaal, special counsel in the Financial Services practice, will participate in "Regulating Cryptocurrencies: The Future of Bitcoin, Ether, and Other Tokens" at 6:15 p.m. (ET) on Monday, February 5. The lecture will discuss questions such as:
- What are cryptocurrencies—commodities or securities?
- What challenges do market participants face in trading them?
- What is the future of Bitcoin and others?
- What should governments and regulators do about these developments, and what problems need to be solved?
- What regulations should be applied, and when?