About Rachel A. Adams
Perhaps the only thing more complex than health care today is the regulatory landscape in which it is practiced. Rachel Adams is a health care lawyer who focuses on helping health systems, physician groups and other health care providers navigate the health care regulatory landscape, complex transactions, and general corporate matters.
Keeping health care businesses healthy
Rachel assists both physician groups and private equity-backed health care platforms in structuring and negotiating complex transactions. She also guides health systems through transactions ranging from affiliations to acquisitions. She advises on complex regulatory issues involving the Stark Law, the Anti-Kickback Statute, state corporate practice of medicine laws, and fee-splitting laws. Rachel can also rely on her governmental experience to counsel clients facing antitrust issues.
Rachel's experience also includes representing health care providers in defense of Medicare audits, Medicaid audits, and in False Claims Act litigation. Finally, she has represented chain, independent, wholesale and veterinarian pharmacies in regulatory and transactional matters.
- Health care
- Health care regulation and compliance
- Medicare/Medicaid reimbursement
- Health care transactions
- Privacy, data and cybersecurity
- Health care litigation
- Assisted national anesthesia management services provider in transactions involving multiple anesthesia providers.
- Guided multiple physician groups in a variety of specialties in transactions involving private-equity backed national platforms.
- Successfully closed a non-profit health care system’s purchase of a hospital while guiding the transaction through an FTC investigation.
- Assisted health care investment fund in financing the purchase of multiple hospitals across multiple states. Worked across offices and disciplines providing high-quality, efficient results.
- Drafted compliance policies for health care system, yielding understanding of numerous laws impacting day-to-day operations.
- Represented hospital system responding to multiple Medicaid reimbursement audits, saving the client from repaying multiple claims.
- Won False Claims Act case for two clients being sued together. The lawsuit alleged both clients caused Medicaid to pay ineligible claims. We established the plaintiff failed to allege any type of false claim or meet federal pleading standards. The case was dismissed with prejudice, saving clients time and resources of protracted litigation.
- Assisted national pharmacy chain with licensing issues and Medicare Part D compliance.
August 17, 2023
August 15, 2023
March 10, 2022
October 21, 2019
October 17, 2019
May 6, 2019
Presentations and Events
September 8, 2023ABA Business Law Fall MeetingSpeaker | Antitrust Hot Spots for Business Lawyers: Help Your Clients Stay In-Bounds
February 27 - March 1, 2022Presenter | Value-Based and Other Innovative Physician Alignment Models
October 3–5, 2021Co-presenter | Avoiding Antitrust and Regulatory Pitfalls in Strategic Transactions
March 9–11, 2021Speaker | Strategic Transactions in Challenging Times