About Rachel A. Adams
Perhaps the only thing more complex than health care today is the regulatory landscape in which it is practiced. Rachel Adams is a health care lawyer who focuses on helping health systems, physician groups and other health care providers navigate the health care regulatory landscape and handle Medicare and Medicaid reimbursement issues.
Keeping health care businesses healthy
Rachel has experience handling matters involving the Stark Law, the Anti-Kickback Statute and the Health Insurance Portability and Accountability Act of 1996 (HIPAA). She has also represented health care providers in investigations and litigation under the False Claims Act and assisted them with Medicare and Medicaid reimbursement audits. Further, she has assisted clients with transactional matters in the health care industry.
- Health care
- Health care regulation and compliance
- Medicare/Medicaid reimbursement
- Health care transactions
- Privacy, data and cybersecurity
- Health care litigation
- Drafted compliance policies for health care system, yielding understanding of numerous laws impacting day-to-day operations.
- Represented hospital system responding to multiple Medicaid reimbursement audits. Also saved client from repaying multiple claims.
- Won False Claims Act case for two clients being sued together. The lawsuit alleged both clients caused Medicaid to pay ineligible claims. We established the plaintiff failed to allege any type of false claim or meet federal pleading standards. The case was dismissed with prejudice, saving clients time and resources of protracted litigation.
- Assisted health care investment fund in financing the purchase of multiple hospitals across multiple states. Worked across offices and disciplines providing high-quality, efficient results.
- Seconded to national pharmacy's headquarters, deepening understanding of pharmacy contracting, licensing and compliance matters. *
October 21, 2019
October 17, 2019
May 6, 2019