Special counsel Gary DeWaal will join Ron Filler of New York Law School and Elizabeth Ritter, Chief of Staff and Senior Counsel at the Commodity Futures Trading Commission, to present the workshop "Dodd-Frank – EMIR: The Challenges of Swap Dealers, Central Counterparties, Execution Facilities, Trade Repositories and End Users Trading Swaps Internationally" on June 18 and 19 in Mexico City, Mexico. The team will address the following questions:
- How will Dodd-Frank impact Mexican financial institutions doing business with US persons?
- How have the mandatory clearing requirements impacted the OTC derivatives markets?
- How does an entity register as a Swap Dealer, and what are its ongoing regulatory obligations?
- Have swap execution facilities been effective in providing transparency?
- What regulations should Mexican regulators now consider regarding the financial markets and their products?
For more information, click here.