About Sarah Weber
Sarah Weber helps clients facing litigation and enforcement matters with a focus on the financial services industry. The team relies on her experience with regulatory and internal investigations, federal and state court litigation, arbitration, regulatory and enforcement proceedings, white collar criminal matters, and internal investigations.
Adding value through regulatory insight
In the financial services industry, Sarah has represented US and multinational banks, investment advisors and managers, and hedge funds in litigation, arbitration and investigations related to economic sanctions, anti-money laundering, wire fraud, contracts, securities, employment and antitrust. She has a broad range of experience in connection with criminal, civil and regulatory investigations by the Commodity Futures Trading Commission (CFTC), the Securities and Exchange Commission (SEC), the Department of Justice (DOJ), the New York Attorney General, the New York Department of Financial Services, the Federal Reserve Bank of New York and Federal Reserve Board of Governors, the Office of Foreign Assets Control, and the UK Financial Conduct Authority.
Media companies, manufacturing companies, public and private corporations, nonprofit organizations, and others work with Sarah to address matters including contract disputes, employment class actions, antitrust consent decrees, and False Claims Act litigation and investigations.
Before joining Katten, Sarah worked at a large New York-based law firm. She also clerked for the Honorable Susan Phillips Read on the New York Court of Appeals. While attending law school, Sarah was a member of the University of Chicago Law Review.
- Financial services litigation
- Financial industry regulatory and compliance
- White collar crime
- Represent large national bank in litigation by a municipal government under the Fair Housing Act.
- Represent Chief Financial Officer of a defense contractor in civil False Claims Act investigation by the Department of Justice.
- Represent large broker-dealer in antitrust class action and related litigation involving equities trading.
- Represented multinational bank in economic sanctions investigations by various US and foreign civil, criminal and regulatory agencies. *
- Represented Wall Street bank in two multibillion-dollar arbitrations stemming from a contract dispute following the 2008 financial crisis. *
- Represented manufacturing company in False Claims Act litigation in federal court. *
- Represented agricultural commodities company in federal and state court litigation and AAA arbitration related to a chemical supply contract. *