Partner Michael Callahan will speak at the NAMSS’ Annual Meeting on the topic “Improving Credentialing Practices and Reducing Liability Exposure After Kadlec” on Wednesday, October 3 from 10:30 a.m.–12:00 p.m. This program will address:
- How Kadlec has affected appointment practices;
- Practical ways to improve your collection and disclosure of information procedures in order to minimize liability and to maximize efforts to make informed credentialing decisions; and
- The impact of Kadlec on peer review settlement negotiations and Data Bank reports.
Mr. Callahan will also speak on the topic "Final Rule MS.1.20: Back to the Past" on October 3 from 3:15–4:15 p.m. This presentation will address:
- Background of MS.1.20 leading up to the final Standard.
- Status of industry response to MS.1.20.
- Discussion of MS.1.20 and impact on Bylaws, Rules and Regs.
- Impact of requirements permitting Medical Staff to Bypass the MEC.
- Sorting out the confusion of what provisions are to be placed in the Bylaws versus the Rules and Regs.
- Identifying example Bylaw provisions to comply with MS.1.20 but which limit its potential adverse effects.