Financial Services attorneys Guy Dempsey, Gary DeWaal, Kevin Foley and James Van De Graaff will co-present the webinar "Understanding FinCEN's New Customer Due Diligence Obligations" on Thursday, May 19 at 12:00 p.m. ET. The presentation explores FinCEN's published new rules regarding customer due diligence and other anti-money laundering obligations for banks, brokers and dealers, mutual funds, futures commission merchants, and introducing brokers. Katten will review these new obligations and compare them with current obligations. This program is appropriate for attorneys and other financial services professionals.
Discussion topics include:
- an overview of current AML expectations, including the customer identification program and suspicious activity monitoring;
- history of the new FinCEN rule;
- extension of CIP to cover beneficial owners of legal entity customers (e.g., corporations, partnerships and similar organizations);
- formalization of suspicious activity monitoring and reporting obligations; and
- the distinctions between requirements for different covered entities.
To view a recording of the webinar, click here.
To view the slides, click here.