Michael Callahan, senior counsel with Katten's Health Care team, will give two presentations on Friday, April 28, during the 2023 PSO Spring Summit. At 9:45 a.m. he will present "Best Practices in Developing a More Effective PSES Policy," with learning objectives including:
- Identifying the types and categories of patient safety activities to consider including in a PSES Policy
- Determining which PSWP can or should be reported to the PSO and which to treat as deliberations and analysis
- Developing a procedure as to how HR and risk management can access PSWP
At 11:45 a.m., Michael will present "How to Respond to a Regulator's Demand for PSWP," with learning objectives including:
- Developing a strategy and best practices for responding to a regulator's demand for PSWP
- Preparing a checklist of non-privileged materials to be disclosed to a regulator to demonstrate compliance with legal requirements
- Preparing a written permissible disclosure form to disclose PSWP to a regulator without waiving the privilege protections
Learn more about the 2023 PSO Spring Summit.
"Best Practices in Developing a More Effective PSES Policy" slides here.
"How to Respond to a Regulator's Demand for PSWP" slides here.