About Olga M. Gurtovaya
Olga Gurtovaya has extensive experience representing clients in all aspects of commercial real estate transactions. She advises commercial lenders and developers of major projects, from the development of office buildings to industrial projects on raw land.
Diligent commercial real estate counsel with a holistic approach to deals
With a deep background advising lenders and borrowers, Olga has represented banks across the country from Texas to West Virginia. Known for her thoughtful approach to transactions, she assists national and regional clients in negotiating acquisition agreements and financing projects, including performing complex due diligence required to close deals.
While in law school, Olga served as articles editor with the SMU Law Review Association. She is fluent in Russian.
- Commercial real estate transactions
- Financing and restructuring matters
- Structured finance and loan assignments
- Commercial real estate development
- Represented two banks and worked with different borrowers to close six loans in four days for various lenders. Funds were used for the construction/renovation of industrial and retail sites around the country, including South Carolina, West Virginia and Texas. *
- Assisted in due diligence and the closing process associated with the sale of a newly constructed office plaza in downtown Dallas. The transaction was complicated due to multiple interests in an underground parking garage, an adjacent building site for a future tower, the imposition of new restrictions to keep an adjacent walk open to the public, a long-term master lease of the unleased space, and the continued leasing and management of the building. *
- Assisted a national homebuilder in drafting various purchase contracts to acquire raw land and lots in the Dallas-Fort Worth area. Conducted due diligence and helped close the acquisitions. *
- Represented an architecture and planning company in the acquisition and development of raw land, followed by the leasing and ultimate sale of real property for a restaurant chain and a sporting goods discount chain in Gainesville, Georgia, and a national health care company in Lakewood, Colorado, and St. Louis, Missouri. *
- Represented a Texas-based real estate firm in closing several adjacent tracts of land in the Bishop Arts area of Dallas. Negotiated purchase contracts, leases and lease terminations, and drafted closing documents for a $57 million residential/retail development. *
- Represented a Dallas-based real estate developer in loan documentation for a $37.8 million loan to finance the development of a multifamily apartment complex in Kissimmee, Florida. Prepared and negotiated loan documents, reviewed due diligence, and worked with the borrower and developer through various development documents required for the property. *
- Drafted and negotiated loan documents for commercial lenders in connection with lending transactions. Handled all aspects of closings. *
- Represented real estate developers and landowners in connection with the acquisition, sale, development and financing of commercial real estate projects. *
- Drafted and prepared loan documents, purchase and sale agreements, closing documents, leases, and easements in connection with commercial real estate transactions. *
- Represented private lender in various $20–120 million first-lien financing loans for construction and development of hospitality projects around the United States. *
- Represented developer in the acquisition, development and leasing of property to a national retailer. Assisted in securing and negotiating financing. *
- Represented local home builder in lot development deals across the Dallas-Fort Worth, Texas area. *
- Acted as local counsel to a hard money lender. Assisted with Texas foreclosures. *
March 29, 2022
November 15, 2021