About Sarah Eichenberger
Sarah Eichenberger is a trusted securities litigator who has won victories for her clients in a range of high-stakes securities actions. With over a decade of experience defending public companies, c-suite professionals and financial institutions, Sarah draws on both her prior experience at a global law firm and her role as in-house counsel for a Fortune 5 company to provide clients with astute counsel. An insightful and creative advocate, Sarah has helped clients successfully navigate a range of complex matters, including securities class actions, derivative litigation, internal investigations and regulatory proceedings. She also has significant experience defending clients in post-merger litigation.
Insightful counsel when the stakes are at their highest
Sarah understands the unique needs and challenges faced by public companies. As someone who is cognizant of the business and legal aspects of litigation, Sarah brings a practical approach to crafting a successful defense strategy and ensuring the best possible outcomes for her clients. She also routinely counsels companies on corporate compliance and governance issues.
Sarah has additional experience representing clients in connection with Foreign Corrupt Practices Act (FCPA) investigations, cybersecurity incidents and white collar criminal matters. She also is well-versed in a variety of complex commercial litigation, including consumer class actions.
Sarah previously clerked for the Honorable Richard J. Leon, District Judge for the US District Court for the District of Columbia. While in law school, she was a Notes Editor for the Duke Law Journal.
- Securities fraud litigation and enforcement defense
- Shareholder derivative litigation
- Stockholder books and records demands
- White collar and internal investigations
- Class action litigation
- Represented a global media company in derivative litigation arising out of a merger. *
- Represented a technology company and certain officers and directors in connection with securities and derivative litigation. *
- Represented a global financial institution in Section 14(a) litigation arising out of its merger with another bank. *
- Represented the Board of a major utility company in derivative litigation. *
- Represented an aerospace and defense technology company in securities, derivative, and ERISA litigation as well as in a related SEC investigation. *
- Represented a commercial bank in residential mortgage-backed securities actions. *
- Represented a mortgage loan provider in residential mortgage-back securities actions. *
- Represented the Board of a Fortune 50 company in connection with stockholder derivative demands regarding oil reserves. *
- Represented a multi-billion dollar asset manager in a cross-border investigation focused on disclosure and trading practices. *
- Represented a healthcare technology company in Section 14(a) litigation concerning its proposed merger with an insurance company. *
- Represented an investment management firm in bankruptcy matters arising out of investments made with Bernard Madoff. *
- Represented the Board of a non-profit organization in an investigation concerning the use of donor funds. *
- Represented an organic and natural products company with an SEC investigation into accounting practices. *
- Represented the Board of a large software company in connection with an internal investigation. *
October 17, 2022
December 20, 2022
April 15, 2021
March 22, 2021
Presentations and Events
January 12, 2023
October 18, 2022C-Suite Summit 2022