About Robert E. Smith
Robert E. Smith has more than 40 years of experience litigating complex commercial and business matters of all kinds.
Experience is knowledge sharpened by reality
Robert represents clients in the areas of securities, accountants' liability, shareholder suits, real estate, environmental and product liability.
- Corporate governance
- Securities litigation and enforcement
- Appellate and trial court litigation and arbitration
- Public and private funds
- Product and tort liability litigation
- Financial services litigation
- Fiduciary litigation
- Represented engineered product manufacturer in the US Supreme Court in a case that established a significant product liability precedent. Represented client through two jury trials and appeals to the Second Circuit in the successful defense of product liability claims originally exceeding $800 million relating to the manufacture and operation of generators at a nuclear power plant.
August 15, 2016
August 17, 2015
August 18, 2014
August 15, 2013
August 24, 2012
September 12, 2011
August 9, 2010
August 5, 2009
September 23, 2008
- View All News