About Scott A. Hovanyetz
Success in real estate requires a high level of responsiveness and skill at solving problems. Scott Hovanyetz delivers on that need through a combination of creative problem solving, experience — developed by working on a wide range of real estate transactions over the course of his career — and dedication to achieving the best outcomes for his clients.
Making real estate an investment to build on
Scott provides his clients with responsive, timely service and utilizes a practical approach. Scott offers clients a broad background that includes the management and structuring of preferred equity and other joint venture transactions, mortgage and mezzanine financing, and land and equity acquisitions and sales.
Scott also has extensive experience in construction lending and ground and space lease negotiation and administration.
Scott has been published in JD Supra on the topic of New York State lawmakers considering proposals for nearly $7 billion in tax hikes that includes taxes on mezzanine and preferred equity financing and a tax on individuals with second homes in New York City (or a “pied-à-terre” tax).
- Real estate equity and investments
- Real estate finance and lending
- Construction and development
- Leasing/Ground leasing
- Joint ventures
- Represented Chicago-based real estate development firm in acquisition of controlling equity interest in an office tower valued at over $1 billion and a preferred equity joint venture with Fortune 500 financial services company in connection therewith.
- Represented national life insurance company in $1,025,000 syndicated mortgage loan financing funding the acquisition of a midtown Manhattan office tower.
- Represented private equity firm in preferred equity capital transaction funding acquisition of urban multifamily project, with concurrent agency mortgage financing.
- Represented national bank lender in construction mortgage financing for Long Island senior housing and assisted living facility.
- Representated national banking client in lease of approximately 500,000 square feet of Manhattan office space.
August 17, 2023
May 17, 2023
July 26, 2022
October 21, 2019
January 16, 2015
January 12, 2023
April 9, 2021
March 29, 2021