About Greg Hidalgo
As a former CPA who audited companies for a major accounting firm, Greg Hidalgo has a business mindset that informs every aspect of his legal work. He advises public and private clients on the buying and selling of businesses, as well as on joint ventures and corporate governance issues. In every transaction he handles, he uses his financial experience to ensure that the economics of the deal work in his client's favor.
Minimizing risk for critical transactions
Whether advising on acquisitions, equity financings that fund growth strategies or divestitures that provide liquidity, Greg focuses on minimizing the risks his clients face both before and after closing. For purchasers, he ensures that they don't unknowingly pay more than the agreed price, and that they are protected from costs arising from the seller's prior acts. For sellers, he ensures that the purchase price is protected at closing and beyond, giving them freedom to use their hard-earned liquidity. Greg also builds exit strategies into his deals, so that his clients have a ready solution in case their investments ever stop achieving their objectives in the future.
Greg's clients include public companies, private equity-owned companies and family-owned businesses. His work has touched many sectors, including consumer products, energy, food and beverage, health care, manufacturing, restaurant, retail and technology. On top of his merger and acquisition (M&A) and equity financing work, he often helps companies in these industries establish joint ventures, and assists them with ongoing questions about good corporate governance.
In all his work, Greg stays tightly focused on his client's needs – a fact that comes out in ways large and small. He makes it a point to return communications quickly, ensuring clients have his counsel when they need it. A skilled negotiator, he also spends time educating clients on how to realize their objectives at the negotiating table. In many cases, he advises clients on how to make strategic compromises that get them what they truly need from a deal. He recognizes that there are many ways to the finish line, and that flexibility allows him to find creative ways to remove negotiation bottlenecks.
- Joint ventures
- Corporate governance
- Private securities offerings
- Represented stock exchange-listed provider of hospice services in $147 million acquisition of a peer and several other acquisitions. Also represented in subsequent $1 billion merger with one of the largest US providers of home health care, hospice and related services. *
- Represented private equity-owned, long-term acute care hospital system in $550 million sale through auction process to another private equity group. *
- Represented private equity group in $108 million acquisition of health care group purchasing organization. *
- Represented stock exchange-listed integrated health care system in sale of lithotripsy services business. *
- Represented special committees of two stock exchange-listed companies, one in the retail industry and the other in the payday loans/cash advance industry, in their respective $179 million and $430 million sales to private equity groups. *
- Represented stock exchange-listed diversified industrial company in acquisition program. Included $600 million acquisition of steel structures division of multinational Swiss company and acquisition of trench shielding and shoring equipment manufacturer. *
- Represented NYSE-listed commercial real estate services company in $2.2 billion merger with another stock exchange-listed commercial real estate services company. *
- Represented restaurant chain owners, franchisors and operators in acquisitions, dispositions and joint ventures. *
- Represented stock exchange-listed leading manufacturer and supplier of water and drainage-related products in acquisition of complementary manufacturing business. *
- Represented several mid-sized to large owners and operators of convenience store and fuel depot chains in acquisitions and sales. *
- Represented several public and private food manufacturing and distribution companies in acquisitions and dispositions of food manufacturing and distribution businesses. Included private equity-sponsored companies in $370 million bankruptcy asset acquisition of Vlasic and other food brands; $485 million sale to another private equity group; $600 million sale to stock exchange-listed company; and $45 million acquisition of Canadian food manufacturing company. *
- Represented several US companies in issuer tender offers, including a leading information technology company in $1.4 billion issuer tender offer for hybrid securities and a commercial real estate services company in $75 million modified Dutch auction issuer tender offer. *
- Represented several stock exchange-listed companies in SEC reporting and corporate governance compliance. *
- Represented several companies in their respective private placements of securities. *
- Represented oil and gas exploration and production company in series of acquisitions of energy-related assets aggregating $3.9 billion and the $250 million sale of energy-related assets. *
- Represented US oil and gas exploration and production company in $590 million acquisition, via tender offer, of public Canadian oil and gas company. *
- Represented stock exchange-listed oil and gas exploration company in sale to another stock exchange-listed company via $2.9 billion tender offer. *
- Represented several US companies and underwriters in initial and secondary public offerings. Included hospice service provider in $54 million IPO and $131 million secondary offering by stockholders; underwriters for lighting company in $24 million IPO; underwriters for bookstore owner and operator in $44 million IPO; one of the largest owner/operators of radio stations, by station count, in $589 million IPO; and underwriters for $475 million secondary stock offering by stockholders of a leading information technology company. *
September 3, 2019
September 6, 2018
May 9, 2018
May 9, 2018
July 16, 2018