Katten will present its "Annual Financial Markets and Regulation Crystal Ball Event" at 3:30 p.m. (ET) on Thursday, January 19. This year's program will be presented in a hybrid format, both in Katten's New York office and virtually via Zoom.
Several Katten Financial Markets and Funds attorneys will discuss significant US financial regulatory and enforcement developments from 2022 and a forecast for 2023. Given the Securities and Exchange Commission's (SEC) extraordinary regulatory program over the last year, which is anticipated to continue into 2023, this year's event will be broken into two panel discussions. Topics will include, but will not be limited to:
- SEC rulemaking proposals related to market structure
- SEC rulemakings specifically impacting investment advisers and broker-dealers
- Commodity Futures Trading Commission (CFTC) and National Futures Association (NFA) regulatory and enforcement agenda for 2023
- The latest in LIBOR replacement implementation challenges
- The FTX fall out as well as recent enforcement and legislative developments related to cryptoassets
- Regulatory enforcement predictions for 2023
The two panel discussions will take place at 4:00 p.m. and 5:00 p.m. For those attending in person, a welcome reception will be held at 3:30 p.m. and a cocktail reception will be held at 6:00 p.m.
Speakers will include Financial Markets and Regulation co-chairs Daniel Davis and Carl Kennedy; senior counsel Gary DeWaal; counsel Adam Bolter; and partners Ilene Froom, Christian Hennion, Susan Light, Richard Marshall, Paul McCurdy and Stephen Morris.