About Ted Huffman
Ted Huffman represents clients in high-stakes business disputes and financial services litigation. His practice encompasses a wide range of cases, including those involving breaches of contract, securities law, corporate fraud, anticompetitive conduct, real property disputes, intellectual property rights, government enforcement actions and class action proceedings. Ted’s clients appreciate his knowledge and conscientious approach to handling matters critical to their futures.
A skilled, forward-thinking advocate
Ted takes on diverse and challenging commercial matters and has achieved a number of remarkable results in his career. Strategic, knowledgeable and focused, Ted is unafraid to go to court to secure the relief his clients need. He also approaches legal issues with business-focused objectives to reduce litigation risks and boost the likelihood of favorable outcomes, whether at trial or before.
Ted is regularly acknowledged for his work and experience in commercial litigation matters. D Magazine has recognized Ted as being among the Best Lawyers Under 40, and Best Lawyers® has included him multiple times on its list of Ones to Watch in America™. These recognitions demonstrate how clients and colleagues have come to value Ted’s counsel.
Beyond his professional commitments, Ted actively engages in community service. He volunteers his time and serves on committees for organizations such as the Dallas Bar Association (DBA), the Dallas Association of Young Lawyers (DAYL), Dallas Area Habitat for Humanity and the Dallas Volunteer Attorney Program (DVAP). Additionally, Ted serves as co-chair of the Dallas Bar Association’s Publications Committee, in which he helps to edit the Headnotes publication.
Ted previously served as a judicial clerk for Chief Judge Barbara M.G. Lynn and as a judicial intern for Magistrate Judge Jeff Kaplan, both of the US District Court for the Northern District of Texas.
- Commercial and financial services litigation
- Class action and collective action proceedings
- Litigation involving business competition matters of antitrust, non-compete agreements, intellectual property disputes, confidential data protection and employment claims
- State and federal government agency enforcement proceedings
- Co-chaired a ﬁve-day administrative trial, after which the state's own hearing oﬃcer and a state trial court found — in a nearly unprecedented case — that the allegations of the state securities division were unsupported by the evidence. *
- Represented a large Texas bank in a multi-million dollar fraud and breach of contract case against a third-party finance company, resulting in a more than $8 million recovery. *
- Represented an oil and gas company and its officers in defense of state securities law proceedings, which resulted in our clients (the defendants) obtaining a six-figure recovery against the plaintiff. *
- Secured temporary injunction on behalf of $4 billion bank against a checking account software company to protect $600 million in customer checking account deposits held at the bank. *
- Represented a regional bank in a post-merger fraud litigation against prior bank executive to secure a seven-figure recovery valued at two times actual economic damages. *
- Represented a real estate developer in a U.S. Fifth Circuit Court of Appeals matter that resulted in an opinion from the Fifth Circuit vacating an SEC receivership and imposing important restrictions to protect parties in future SEC enforcement actions. *
- Obtained temporary restraining order against a client competitor to enforce non-competition and non-solicitation covenants protecting client confidential information. *
- Secured pre-answer case dismissals with zero liability findings in multiple FINRA investor actions. *
- Obtained final judgments and other favorable rulings in case dispositive proceedings, including in cases of patent infringement, trade secrets theft, mergers and acquisitions litigation, common law fraud, securities fraud, business and contract disputes, receivership proceedings, labor and employment matters, real property litigation, and construction law. *
- Prepared orders and initial memorandum opinions as a judicial law clerk in hundreds of civil and criminal matters, to be reviewed and revised by federal district court chief judge. *
- Assisted appellate panel for United States Court of Appeals for the Ninth Circuit in connection with oral argument preparation and initial opinion drafting for review and revision by panel judges. *
January 11, 2024
August 17, 2023
July 25, 2023
July 10, 2023
January 19, 2024
November 1, 2023
October 17, 2023
Presentations and Events
2019The Honorable Barbara M.G. Lynn American Inn of CourtCo-presenter | Intellectual Property Checklist for Non-Profits
2019The Honorable Barbara M.G. Lynn American Inn of CourtCo-presenter | Trademark Law Update
2018US Fifth Circuit Court of Appeals, In ChambersCo-presenter | Criminal Law Update
2016The Honorable Patrick E. Higginbotham American Inn of CourtCo-presenter | Legal Jeopardy