About Thomas F. Lamprecht
In the fast-paced world of mergers and acquisitions (M&A), Thomas Lamprecht uses his market knowledge to help clients resolve complex issues swiftly. He frequently advises private equity firms in platform acquisitions and exits. Public companies and family-owned business also turn to him for his M&A experience, his knack for clear communication, his commercial approach and his responsiveness.
A "user-friendly" M&A attorney with a broad skill set
No matter the size of the transaction, mergers and acquisitions can be complicated. For family businesses and other clients that don't buy and sell companies every day, Tom distills technical details into plain English, providing a clear picture of the deal and its goals.
In addition to his M&A experience, Tom maintains a broad corporate practice, including public company reporting obligations, corporate governance, joint ventures and venture capital. As a former certified public accountant with PricewaterhouseCoopers LLP, he can work with the most sophisticated clients on technical accounting issues and financial arrangements.
Tom's responsiveness and ability to make deal terms easy for clients to understand makes him a "user-friendly" M&A attorney. Another quality that endears him to clients is the way he meets deadlines — even short ones. For a for-profit educator, he sold multiple schools located in multiple different countries in just three months, demonstrating his ability to deliver in tight time frames.
He is also familiar with the unique dynamics that arise in the sale of family businesses, a factor that comes into play often in his deals. That not only helps him in representing family businesses, but also when representing counterparties like private equity sponsors. Sometimes, their mutual goal is to continue working together after the transaction, with family members in a management role. Whatever the vision for a specific deal, Tom's grounded approach allows both parties to walk away feeling positive about the experience and set up well for the future.
- Private equity
- Venture capital
- Joint ventures
- Minority investments
- Securities compliance and transactions
- Corporate governance
- Represented leading national provider of litigation support services, and its members, in its sale to affiliates of a Los Angeles-based investment firm focused on private equity and special situation transactions. Also represented client's management team in their rollover investment in the acquiring entity and their employment and compensation arrangements.
- Represented leader in the design, engineering and manufacture of emissions-certified alternative-fuel and conventional power systems in an underwritten public offering of common stock. Net proceeds to the client were more than $34 million before deducting offering expenses payable by the client.
- Represent principal investment firm specializing in investing in small- to mid-sized companies in the business services sector in acquiring a medical marketing agency and a health care information provider.
- Represent management team of a leading provider of supply-chain management, logistics and marketing services to food, retail and manufacturing industries worldwide in the buyout of all outstanding equity interests of the company from its founder and other equity holders.
- Represented leading provider of national commercial real estate due diligence services including ALTA surveys, zoning services, and environmental and property assessments, and its stockholders, in its sale to an affiliate of a Cincinnati-based investment firm focused on private equity transactions. Also represented client's management team in employment and compensation arrangements post-closing.
July 11, 2019
May 15, 2018
July 1, 2015
October 10, 2017
Presentations and Events
PresenterSeptember 9, 12 and 25, 2019
ModeratorOctober 11, 2017
Independent Sponsors: Current Trends and Insight on the Independent Sponsor/Capital Provider RelationshipModeratorJuly 27, 2016