About Julie Lee
Julie Lee navigates a wide range of clients through sophisticated commercial real estate transactions. Julie has broad-based real estate experience representing owners, developers, institutional funds, investors, operators, lenders, buyers and sellers across multiple property sectors.
Providing clients a versatile skill set
Handling transactions on a day-to-day basis, Julie offers a broad skill set to clients seeking guidance on all stages of complex development including real estate acquisition, joint venture formation, construction, asset management and disposition. Julie also has extensive experience in managing and structuring financings, including bridge lending, construction financing, revolvers, good news facilities, agency loans, portfolio and single asset mortgages, and workouts. From drafting and negotiating key documentation to interacting with all key parties in transactions, Julie ensures that clients achieve their business goals.
Prior to joining Katten, Julie worked for two global law firms and also served as deputy general counsel for an investment management firm that focuses on multifamily assets in high-growth markets.
- Equity and debt-side representation in commercial real estate transactions
- Acquisitions and dispositions
- Joint ventures
- Construction and development
- Represented a sovereign wealth fund in the acquisition financing of more than 300 industrial assets with approximately $4.2 billion of proceeds in the aggregate. *
- Represented a financial services company in connection with an asset sale of a business that exceeded $2 billion and included a portfolio of owned and leased office spaces. *
- Represented a New York-based real estate development and investment firm in securing a $205 million mortgage and mezzanine construction financing for the conversion of a mixed-use to a medical life science property. *
- Represented a private equity firm in a $105 million mortgage financing for the purchase of a corporation’s headquarters. *
- Represented a private equity firm in the $317 million acquisition of a portfolio of mixed-use multifamily and retail properties. *
- Represented a private equity firm in an $8 billion dollar acquisition of a real estate investment trust. *
March 10, 2022
2013UNCITRAL's Unclear Transparency Instrument: Fashioning the Form and Application of a Legal Standard Ensuring Greater Disclosure in Investor-State Arbitrations Arbitrations | Northwestern Journal of International Law & Business