About Frank E. Arado
Frank Arado, the chair of the Southeast Real Estate practice, has a broad-based, national practice with extensive experience in closing diverse real estate transactions, including the origination, modification and restructuring of commercial mortgage loans, the sale of loan pools and the leasing and sale of office buildings, data centers and all other types of assets. Frank also serves as a trusted advisor to developers and equity sources for the development and ownership of a variety of real estate assets.
Understands lending and leasing for diverse assets
When debt funds and institutional lenders need to close complex real estate finance deals or negotiate and document corporate or real estate loan restructurings, they turn to Frank. Frank's lending experience includes a focus on construction lending for various types of assets, secured and unsecured loans in hospitality and retail and negotiating and documenting loan and corporate restructurings secured by real estate, primarily as counsel to senior lenders and lender groups. He also represents commercial banks in their sale of individual loans and pools of loans secured by real estate.
In addition to his deep lending experience, Frank has nearly 25 years of leasing experience and began his career handling the leasing of the "Amoco Building" in Chicago. He continues to represent various corporate entities and their owners in the leasing and ownership of their assets. Frank has negotiated some of the largest leases across the country and has experience in the leasing and sale of office, financial center, data center and ground leased assets. He has also developed strong experience in lease financing and represents clients in a number of credit-tenant leases, synthetic leases, sale-leasebacks and other lease financing transactions.
Focused on the end game
Frank makes it a goal to close his complex deals on his client's desired timeline. To accomplish this, he keeps a rigorous focus on the end game. He emphasizes his client's key objectives without wasting time negotiating irrelevant provisions. That approach allowed him to close a large portfolio loan of 10 assets in just 15 business days for one of the world's largest banks. Executing the deal in such a short timeframe was all the more impressive because it was his client's first deal with the borrower and it involved numerous legal issues of first impression.
Creativity and determination help Frank overcome obstacles to his clients' financings and transactions, whether he is finding innovative ways around restrictive transfer requirements or creating unique solutions to difficult title issues. As head of the firm's Real Estate Finance and Lending practice, he has the full resources of his group to aid in any deals that demand them.
- Secured and unsecured real estate finance transactions
- Joint venture transactions
- Real estate space and ground leasing transactions
- Real estate acquisition and disposition transactions
- Represented a commercial bank in connection with a $125 million credit facility and construction loan for Toringdon Center in Charlotte, North Carolina.
- Represented a commercial bank as the anchor tenant in the construction and leasing of 555,000 square feet in a newly constructed Class AA office tower in Chicago, Illinois.
- Represented a commercial bank in the sale and leaseback of three data center facilities for $185 million located in three states.
- Represented a commercial bank in the restructuring of a $7 billion credit facility for a large casino/hotel operator secured by casinos and hotels in multiple states. *
- Represented a commercial bank in the restructuring of a $3 billion construction loan for a casino and resort in Las Vegas, Nevada, which remains the largest private construction project in the United States. *
- Represented a commercial bank in connection with a $200 million credit facility to a national homebuilder for the construction of various projects throughout the United States. *
- Represented a commercial bank in connection with a $100 million credit facility to a regional homebuilder for the construction of five projects throughout North Carolina. *
- Represented a commercial bank in connection with the forbearance of over 100 homebuilder loans throughout North Carolina and South Carolina. *
June 10, 2021
May 20, 2021
January 29, 2021
January 26, 2021
January 14, 2021
August 20, 2020
June 16, 2020
April 23, 2020
January 23, 2020
- View All News
April 1, 2021
March 23, 2020
Presentations and Events
November 27–28, 2012Moderator | Hotel: Where Does This Market Now Stand? Worth a Closer Look?