About S. Scott Morrison
Litigation is disruptive and expensive. Not only do businesses have to deal with the cost of litigation, they also lose time and money when litigation occurs. Scott Morrison helps real estate, construction and other businesses resolve their litigation matters so that they can get back to work. He provides creative solutions to business problems and, if necessary, a tenacious and successful courtroom presence.
Lead counsel in business and real estate litigation
Scott serves as lead counsel in sophisticated business disputes. He has handled numerous complex, "bet-the-company" cases in both federal and state courts. He also has extensive experience in mediation and arbitration proceedings. He has represented clients in virtually every type of business litigation, including partnership and joint venture fights, complex landlord-tenant cases, breach of contract, fiduciary duty and fraud claims as well as valuation, construction, land use, lender liability and environmental suits. Many of his cases have involved landmark Washington, DC-area developments such as L'Enfant Plaza, Washington Harbour, Market Square and Gallery Place.
Scott additionally represents clients in misappropriation, false claims and non-compete and non-solicitation agreements. He has previously been retained as special litigation counsel in bankruptcy, insurance and probate matters.
As an appellate attorney, he has successfully managed matters before the US Court of Appeals for the Fourth Circuit, the US Court of Appeals for the District of Columbia Circuit, the Virginia Supreme Court, the Maryland Court of Appeals and the Ohio Supreme Court.
- Business litigation
- Commercial real estate litigation
- Construction litigation
- Appellate litigation
- Served as lead counsel in numerous commercial litigation matters, representing locally and nationally based real estate developers.
- Served as lead counsel in complex construction litigation involving the Washington Harbour, Market Square and Gallery Place projects in Washington, DC.
- Served as lead counsel in numerous partnership and corporate disputes involving entity control and management.
- Served as lead counsel in real estate litigation involving easement and leasing disputes, purchase and sale agreements, and complex commercial landlord-tenant cases.
November 22, 2023
August 17, 2023
August 18, 2022
August 19, 2021
August 20, 2020
April 23, 2020
April 16, 2020
April 25, 2019
April 19, 2019
- View All News
Presentations and Events
August 1, 2018Presenter