(CHICAGO) Katten announced today that 50 attorneys have been named to the 2020 edition of Chambers USA: America's Leading Lawyers for Business. The firm also received recognition as a leader in 22 practice areas.
Katten's highest ranking was in the category of Real Estate: Finance. Nine attorneys received the highest individual rankings possible in their respective fields: Michael R. Callahan (Healthcare), Christopher DiAngelo (Capital Markets: Securitisation), Lisa Atlas Genecov (Healthcare), Charles R. Gibbs (Insolvency and Restructuring), J. Hayden Harrell (Real Estate: Finance), Daniel S. Huffenus (Real Estate: Finance), Alvin Katz (Real Estate), Floyd A. Mandell (Intellectual Property) and Laura Keidan Martin (Healthcare).
Katten was ranked in the following categories in the Chambers USA 2020 guide: Banking and Finance, Bankruptcy/Restructuring, Capital Markets: Derivatives, Capital Markets: Securitisation, Corporate/M&A and Private Equity, Healthcare, Intellectual Property, Litigation: General Commercial, Litigation: White-Collar Crime and Government Investigations, Media and Entertainment: Litigation, Real Estate, Real Estate: Finance, Sports Law, Startups and Emerging Companies, Tax, and Transportation: Aviation: Finance.
The Katten attorneys individually recognized are:
- Banking and Finance – Michael A. Jacobson, Derek F. Ladgenski, Scott E. Lyons, Stuart P. Shulruff, Jennifer I. Wolfe
- Bankruptcy/Restructuring – Craig A. Barbarosh, William B. Freeman, Charles R. Gibbs, Steven J. Reisman, Peter A. Siddiqui, John P. Sieger
- Capital Markets – Gary DeWaal (Derivatives), Guy Dempsey (Derivatives), Chris DiAngelo (Securitisation; Securitisation: RMBS), Kevin M. Foley (Derivatives; Derivatives: Mainly Regulatory), Anna-Liza B Harris (Securitisation; Securitisation: Tax), Howard Schickler (Securitisation)
- Construction – S. Scott Morrison
- Corporate/M&A – Kenneth W. Miller (Private Equity), Mark S. Solomon, Walter S. Weinberg (Private Equity)
- Environment: Litigation – Nancy J. Rich
- Healthcare – Michelle Apodaca, Michael R. Callahan, W. Kenneth Davis, Jr., Lisa Atlas Genecov, D. Louis Glaser, Laura Keidan Martin, Cheryl Camin Murray, Joseph V. Willey, Kenya S. Woodruff
- Intellectual Property – Floyd A. Mandell
- Investment Funds: Hedge Funds – Henry Bregstein, Allison C. Yacker
- Litigation – Michael J. Diver (Securities), Gil M. Soffer (White-Collar Crime and Government Investigations), Sheldon T. Zenner (White-Collar Crime and Government Investigations)
- Media and Entertainment – David Halberstadter (Litigation), Michael S. Hobel (Transactional), Joel R. Weiner (Litigation)
- Real Estate – Frank E. Arado (Finance), David R. Dlugie, J. Hayden Harrell (Finance), Daniel S. Huffenus (Finance), Alvin Katz, Mark C. Simon
- Sports Law – Adam R. Klein
- Startups & Emerging Companies – Matthew S. Brown
- Tax – Saul E. Rudo
- Transportation Aviation: Finance – Timothy J. Lynes
Chambers and Partners' researchers prepare the legal directories that assess and rank the world's leading lawyers and firms in a range of practice areas according to their reputations among peers and clients. Chambers USA: America's Leading Lawyers for Business is read by industry-leading companies and organizations throughout the United States and worldwide, and is widely used by firms for referral purposes.