About Cynthia Martens
Cynthia Martens helps clients navigate nuanced trademark and copyright questions, with a special focus on the fashion and beauty industries. She is experienced working with start-ups and large international corporations.
A creative counselor with first-hand industry experience
With her background in journalism and fashion, Cynthia is well acquainted with the complex intellectual property issues that arise in media and design, whether related to copyright and trademark infringement, the First Amendment and fair use, counterfeit goods, licensing deals, or influencer and celebrity endorsements.
Cynthia writes frequently on the intersection of intellectual property and fashion. She is multicultural and fluent in French and Italian.
- Intellectual property
- Copyright infringement, fair use, parody and the First Amendment
- Advertising, marketing and promotions
- Trademark searches, clearance and registration
- Trademark licensing and strategy
- Fashion and beauty
- Intellectual property-related aspects of corporate transactions
September 19, 2022
August 30, 2022