About Donald H. Siskind
Donald Siskind concentrates his practice in real estate law. His strong suit is his ability to combine legal experience with business knowledge and provide his clients with the advantages of both.
Sharing his knowledge and mentoring others
Donald is a past president of both the American College of Real Estate Lawyers and the Board of Education of Union Free School District #6 at Scarsdale, New York. He is also a past chairman of the Anglo-American Real Property Institute.
Donald has been a participant in, or chairman of, numerous real estate seminars and conferences. He lectured frequently at the Wharton School of Business Real Estate Center and was a member of the Center's Advisory Board and its Executive Committee. He was also a lecturer in law at Columbia University Law School and taught a seminar in advanced real estate transactions for several years. He has written numerous articles and edited various monographs on the legal aspects of real estate and property investments.
- Real estate
- Real estate finance and lending
- Real estate development
- Real estate equity and investments
- Finance and financial services
- Representation in the 1987 sale of The Cadillac Fairview Corporation Limited. Together with the separate sale of the US urban and industrial property divisions, this was the largest real estate transaction ever consummated at that time.
- Representation in the formation of the Houston Center joint venture between Cadillac Fairview and Texas Eastern Corporation, covering 33 blocks in downtown Houston.
- Counsel in the submission of North Shore Towers to cooperative organization, one of the largest co-op conversions ever.
- Counsel in a lease with an option to purchase a corporation's Madison Avenue headquarters by Sony Corporation.
- Counsel in the purchase of the Madison Avenue IBM World Headquarters in New York.
August 15, 2016
August 17, 2015
August 18, 2014
September 18, 2013
August 15, 2013
August 24, 2012
September 12, 2011
August 9, 2010
August 5, 2009
- View All News