About Jason Gorczynski
Jason Gorczynski structures, negotiates and closes real estate deals to bolster his clients' bottom lines. A recognized leader in real estate law, Jason takes a business-first approach to his law practice, making sure that transactions support his clients’ business goals and position them for future success.
A businessman who practices real estate law
Jason brings to every transaction an array of skills beyond drafting and negotiating documents. He focuses on issues that have practical (as opposed to theoretical) impacts to his clients. He interacts with all parties in a transaction to work through issues collaboratively, with parties not truly being adverse. He recognizes that building the foundation for additional transactions between the parties is most advantageous to his clients.
Jason advises private equity firms, REITs, developers, financial institutions, family offices and high‑net-worth individuals in a wide array of commercial real estate transactions, including stabilized, value-add and opportunistic profiles.
His experience includes arenas and stadiums, industrial warehouse and distribution centers, cold storage warehouses, hotels and resorts, multifamily apartment rental buildings, office towers (central business district, suburban and medical office buildings), residential and office condominiums, retail shopping centers and mixed-use facilities.
In addition, Jason represents both lenders and borrowers in a variety of real estate-based financing transactions, including private placement, senior, mezzanine, preferred equity, construction, permanent, bridge, condo inventory and portfolio financings.
- Structured finance
- Preferred equity investments
- Arena and stadium development and financing
- Joint ventures
- Acquisitions and dispositions
- Reciprocal easement agreements
- Long-term ground leases, sale-leasebacks and space leases
Arena and stadium transactions
- Represented the Milwaukee Bucks in entering into various agreements with the Wisconsin Center District, City of Milwaukee, County of Milwaukee and a financial institution related to the development and financing of the team's new arena (Fiserv Forum), parking facilities and practice facility.
- Represented purchasers in the issuance of private placement notes secured by an NHL arena.
- Represented a lender group in loans to finance construction of a new MLS stadium.
- Represented an MLS team in connection with loans to refinance its arena and in connection with acquisitions, financings and leasing of its additional real estate assets.
- Represented a family office in connection with the development of a cold-storage warehouse in Los Angeles.
- Represented a real estate client in the sale of a portfolio of 27 industrial warehouse and distribution centers in Illinois, Indiana and Wisconsin.
- Represented a real estate client in connection with a build-to-suit lease for a 90,000-square-foot industrial warehouse and distribution center in the Chicagoland area.
- Represented a real estate fund lender in making a mezzanine loan subordinate to securitized mortgage financing relating to a 3.35 million-square-foot, 11-building industrial business park in Rochester, New York.
- Represented a private equity firm in the sale of a portfolio of 12 franchised hotels in California, Connecticut and New Jersey.
- Represented a private equity firm in the sale of a brand-managed luxury hotel in Arlington, Virginia, which hotel is part of a multi-owner development.
- Represented a real estate client in the acquisition and financing of a full-service boutique business hotel and restaurant in Chicago, which hotel is part of a multi-owner building.
- Represented a lender in the foreclosure, acquisition and subsequent sale of a hotel resort and spa in Austin.
- Represented a private equity fund in connection with the acquisition in lieu of mezzanine foreclosure and subsequent sale of a luxury hotel in Chicago.
- Represented a public company lender in making a mortgage loan and a mezzanine loan, with subsequent sale of the mortgage loan, for the construction of an ultra-luxury condominium in Chicago.
- Represented a real estate fund in a preferred equity investment relating to the construction of a multifamily apartment complex in Colorado Springs, Colorado.
- Represent a private equity investment firm in the disposition of $1.8 billion of office properties throughout the United States.
- Represented a public company lender in programmatic sales of REO office assets across the country.
- Represented a real estate client in a long-term lease as ground lessor and obtaining a construction loan to finance the construction of a 230,000-square-foot state-of-the-art headquarters in Long Island, New York, which loan converts to a mini-perm loan upon completion of construction.
January 29, 2020
January 24, 2019
January 25, 2018
July 27, 2017
January 13, 2017
July 8, 2016
January 8, 2016
May 1, 2014
July 25, 2013
August 13, 2020
Presentations and Events
PanelistAugust 13, 2020
The Winter Forum on Real Estate Opportunity & Private Fund InvestingDiscussion Leader | Hotel 2018January 18, 2018