About Jason R. Gorczynski
Jason R. Gorczynski structures, negotiates and closes real estate deals to bolster his clients' bottom lines. A recognized leader in real estate law and in sports law, Jason takes a business-first, practical approach to his law practice, making sure that transactions support his clients’ business goals and position them for future success.
A businessman who practices real estate law and sports facilities law
Jason regularly takes the lead in highly complex real estate deals in the sports industry, which require his management of large teams of attorneys. He has represented various National Basketball Association (NBA), Major League Baseball (MLB) and Major League Soccer (MLS) team owners in numerous transactions, including large-scale construction projects, short-term and long-term financings, complex parking operations, land assemblage and development and long-term leasing of arenas from governing bodies. With the new sports business model involving the development of mixed-use facilities adjacent to venues, Jason increasingly taps into his broad real estate background to represent team owners in the sports industry.
Jason also routinely advises financial institutions lending to MLS and NHL team owners, private equity firms, REITs, developers, financial institutions, family offices and high‑net-worth individuals in a wide array of commercial real estate transactions, including stabilized, value-add and opportunistic profiles.
His experience spans the full breadth of real estate assets, going beyond arenas and stadiums to include industrial warehouse and distribution centers, manufacturing centers, cold storage warehouses, marinas, student housing, self-storage, hotels and resorts, multifamily apartment rental buildings, office towers (central business district, suburban and medical office buildings), residential and office condominiums, retail shopping centers and mixed-use facilities.
- Arena/stadium development, parking agreements, leasing, financing and operation matters
- Mixed-use developments for sports and entertainment industry clients
- Joint ventures
- Structured finance
- Preferred equity investments
- Acquisitions and dispositions
Sports industry transactions
- Represented Philadelphia Union in connection with the development of a sports complex and performance center adjacent to Subaru Park (its home stadium), construction agreements, parking agreements, various dealings with governmental authorities (including stadium authorities), real estate operations, leasing and multiple stadium and non-stadium real estate financings.
- Represented an MLB club in connection with the multi-parcel acquisition and development, through a joint venture with a third-party developer, of a phased, multi-year mixed-use project adjacent to ballpark.
- Represented an NBA franchise in connection with the renovation of its home arena and existing parking facility, the restructuring of its lease with a governmental authority, the development of mixed-use projects and a new performance center and the establishment of a quasi-governmental district to foster the redevelopment of the area surrounding the arena.
- Represented Milwaukee Bucks in various agreements with the Wisconsin Center District of Milwaukee, City of Milwaukee, County of Milwaukee and a financial institution related to the design, construction, development, financing, use, operation and management of the team's new arena (Fiserv Forum), parking facilities and practice facility, as well as obtaining NBA approval of the arena project and arena construction loan.
- Represented purchasers in the issuances of private placement notes, and financial institutions in providing credit facilities, to finance an NHL arena and MLS stadiums.
- Represented owners of the Utah Jazz in the sale of operating rights to Vivint Arena.
- Represented a financial institution in providing debt financing for construction of the Columbus Crew’s MLS stadium (Lower.com Field).
Joint venture transactions
- Represented investor member of programmatic joint ventures with sponsors providing for acquisition, development, reposition and financing of self-storage facilities.
- Represented a real estate developer in joint venture with investor member to acquire and finance opportunistic central business district office building.
- Represented a family office in joint venture to invest in the development of student housing developments across the United States.
- Represented a real estate investor connection with co-GP joint venture, development and financing of an industrial warehouse in Los Angeles.
Acquisition and disposition transactions
- Represented a real estate client in sale of portfolio of 54 industrial outdoor storage properties in 21 states.
- Represented a real estate client in the sale of a portfolio of 27 industrial warehouse and distribution centers in Illinois, Indiana and Wisconsin.
- Represented a real estate client in the acquisition and financing of a full-service boutique business hotel and restaurant in Chicago, which hotel is part of a multi-owner building.
- Represent a private equity investment firm in the disposition of $1.8 billion of office properties throughout the United States.
- Represented real estate investor in connection with single-tenant NNN leasing of industrial distribution centers.
- Represented public company in the long-term ground leasing of multifamily, industrial and office sites across the country.
- Represented institutional private equity firm in leasing of its office space in multiple locations.
September 6, 2023
August 17, 2023
October 26, 2021
October 6, 2021
January 29, 2021
January 29, 2020
January 24, 2019
January 25, 2018
July 27, 2017
- View All News
August 13, 2020
Presentations and Events
August 13, 2020Panelist
January 18, 2018The Winter Forum on Real Estate Opportunity & Private Fund InvestingDiscussion Leader | Hotel 2018