About Jason Gorczynski
Jason Gorczynski structures, negotiates and closes real estate deals to bolster his clients' bottom lines. A recognized leader in real estate law, Jason takes a business-first approach to his law practice, making sure that transactions support his clients’ business goals and position them for future success.
A businessman who practices real estate law
Jason brings to every transaction an array of skills beyond drafting and negotiating documents. He focuses on issues that have practical (as opposed to theoretical) impacts to his clients. He interacts with all parties in a transaction to work through issues collaboratively, with parties not truly being adverse. He recognizes that building the foundation for additional transactions between the parties is most advantageous to his clients.
Jason advises private equity firms, REITs, developers, financial institutions, family offices and high‑net-worth individuals in a wide array of commercial real estate transactions, including stabilized, value-add and opportunistic profiles.
His experience includes hotels and resorts, industrial warehouse and distribution centers, multifamily apartment rental buildings, office towers (central business district, suburban and medical office buildings), residential and office condominiums, retail shopping centers and mixed-use facilities.
In addition, Jason represents both lenders and borrowers in a variety of real estate-based financing transactions, including senior, mezzanine, construction, permanent, bridge, condo inventory and portfolio financings.
- Structured finance
- Preferred equity investments
- Arena and stadium development and financing
- Joint ventures
- Acquisitions and dispositions
- Reciprocal easement agreements
- Long-term ground leases, sale-leasebacks and space leases
- Represented an institutional investor in the portfolio management of five branded hotels in San Diego, California; Sonoma, California; Durango, Colorado; Salt Lake City, Utah; and Seattle, Washington.
- Represented a private equity firm in the sale of a brand-managed luxury hotel in Arlington, Virginia, which hotel is part of a multi-owner development.
- Represented a real estate client in the acquisition and financing of a full-service boutique business hotel and restaurant in Chicago, which hotel is part of a multi-owner building.
- Represented a private equity firm in the acquisition and subsequent sale of a luxury brand-managed hotel in Chicago.
- Represented a private equity firm in the sale of a four-star waterfront hotel in Tampa, Florida, which hotel is part of a multi-owner development.
- Represented a real estate fund lender in making a mezzanine loan subordinate to securitized mortgage financing relating to a 3.35 million-square-foot, 11-building industrial business park in Rochester, New York.
- Represented a public company lender in making a mortgage loan and a mezzanine loan, with subsequent sale of the mortgage loan, for the construction of an ultra-luxury condominium in Chicago.
- Represented a real estate fund in a preferred equity investment relating to the construction of a multifamily apartment complex in Colorado Springs, Colorado.
- Represented an institutional lender in an inventory mortgage loan secured by ultra-luxury residential and commercial condominium units in Manhattan, New York.
- Represented bank providing senior mortgage financing secured by nine retail shopping centers in seven states.
- Represented a specialty finance company in providing senior mortgage financing secured by 23 industrial buildings in three industrial parks in the Kansas City metropolitan area.
- Represented an MLS team in loans to refinance its arena.
- Represented a real estate client in a long-term lease as ground lessor and obtaining a construction loan to finance the construction of a 230,000-square-foot state-of-the-art headquarters in Long Island, New York, which loan converts to a mini-perm loan upon completion of construction.
- Represented the Milwaukee Bucks NBA team in entering into various agreements with the Wisconsin Center District, City of Milwaukee, County of Milwaukee and a financial institution related to the development and financing of the team’s new arena, parking facilities and practice facility.
- Represented a public company client in the acquisition, and simultaneous origination as ground lessor of a 99-year ground lease, of a value-add medical office building in Alpharetta, Georgia, together with a related easement agreement granting client a right to provide additional funds under the ground lease for potential future construction of additional medical office buildings on the ground-leased site and the adjacent site.
- Represented a global privately held company in the sale-leaseback of its global headquarters and research/development facility in Chicago, Illinois, and the sale-leaseback of its European headquarters and distribution facilities in Sittingbourne, United Kingdom.
- Represented an institutional investor in acquiring a portfolio of industrial warehouse and distribution centers in the Atlanta, Georgia metropolitan area.
- Represent a private equity investment firm in the disposition of $1.8 billion of office properties throughout the United States.
- Represent various clients in drafting and negotiation of reciprocal easement agreements between co-owners of Loop office buildings in downtown Chicago.
- Represent developer in power purchase agreements, interconnection agreements and solar panel site lease agreements in the Midwest.
January 24, 2019
January 25, 2018
July 27, 2017
January 13, 2017
July 8, 2016
January 8, 2016
May 1, 2014
July 25, 2013
Presentations and Events
The Winter Forum on Real Estate Opportunity & Private Fund InvestingJanuary 18, 2018