About Johnjerica Hodge
With a focus on appellate litigation and representing clients in the health care industry, Johnjerica Hodge helps her clients navigate difficult issues as they arise, whether in litigation or otherwise. She approaches each case in partnership with her clients to ensure that both their immediate and long-term goals are satisfied.
Business strategies for resolving investigations
Johnjerica Hodge represents clients in internal and governmental investigations, corporate compliance and appellate litigation across industries. She focuses much of her practice on helping health care providers respond to investigations and related matters under the False Claims Act involving allegations of fraudulent billing and violations of the Anti-Kickback Statute. She also provides counsel on billing and coding issues under state laws.
Johnjerica was a member of the independent compliance monitor team appointed in connection with a significant deferred prosecution agreement by a pharmaceutical company under the Foreign Corrupt Practices Act, and she devotes a portion of her practice to corporate compliance and business ethics issues. She also has substantial experience in motion practice in state and federal courts, and counsels clients on various environmental law, administrative law and constitutional law issues.
Prior to joining Katten, Johnjerica served as a law clerk for the Honorable Carl E. Stewart of the US Court of Appeals for the Fifth Circuit. She served as a member of the Alabama Law Review during law school.
- Appellate and Supreme Court litigation
- Health care investigations and enforcement
- White collar and internal investigations
- Foreign Corrupt Practices Act
- Represent health care provider subject to government investigation for alleged violations of False Claims Act.
- Represent health care provider in internal investigation of potential FCA liability arising from billing and coding issues.
- Represent company in state and federal environmental litigation.
- Counsel software company on compliance issues related to mergers and acquisitions.
- Counsel company on FCPA risks from subcontractor’s operations in Latin America.
- Represent multinational company relating to internal investigation in Vietnam.
- Represent multinational retailer in constitutional challenge to administrative agency.
- Counsel multinational company on FCA risks from potential business partnership.
- Member of independent compliance monitor team for multinational pharmaceutical company convicted of violating the FCPA.
- Represent health care provider in internal investigation of potential liability under state law arising from billing and coding issues.
- Represented health care provider in obtaining dismissal in FCA lawsuit arising from allegations of Medicare and Medicaid fraud and abuse.
- Represented health care provider in obtaining favorable settlement in FCA lawsuit arising from alleged violations of the Anti-Kickback Statute.
- Represent national sporting goods store in breach-of-contract lawsuit against a software company.
- Represent multinational oil and gas company in breach-of-contract arbitration against contractor.
- Represent general contractor in construction defect litigation.
- Represent oil and gas exploration and production company in SEC enforcement action.
- Co-author opposition brief for appeal defending a multi-week jury trial.
- Represent health care providers in litigation concerning corporate raiding and tortious interference claims.
June 19, 2019
November 8, 2018
November 8, 2018
July 9, 2018
April 5, 2018
February 24, 2017
Local Fracking Bans: A Viable Threat or Mere NuisanceMarch 2015
Partisan Balance Requirements in the Age of New FormalismFebruary 2015
Nationwide November Ballot Results Involving FrackingNovember 2014
Texas Cites Other States in Fighting A Fracking BanNovember 2014
Presentations and Events
PanelistMay 30, 2019