(CHICAGO) Katten announced today that it was recommended as a “Top-Tier Firm” in the Structured Finance and Securitization category as part of The Legal 500 United States 2020 guide. Additionally, nearly 80 attorneys were named and 20 practice areas were recognized this year.
Mark R. Grossmann, global head of Katten’s Corporate practice and Bruce G. Vanyo, head of Katten’s Securities Litigation practice were selected for The Legal 500’s elite “Leading Lawyers” list in the areas of M&A – Middle-Market (Sub-$500 Million) and Securities Litigation – Defense, respectively. Additionally, partner Michael J. Diver was named a “Next Generation Partner” in the Securities Litigation – Defense category for making a “material difference” to his practice.
The following practice areas and attorneys were named in The Legal 500 United States 2020 guide:
- Alternative/Hedge Funds – Henry Bregstein, Wendy E. Cohen, Christian B. Hennion, Allison C. Yacker and Lance A. Zinman
- Commercial Lending: Advice to Lenders – Michael A. Jacobson, Derek F. Ladgenski, Glen K. Lim, Stuart P. Shulruff
- Copyright (Intellectual Property) – Roger P. Furey, Floyd A. Mandell, Zia F. Modabber, Brian Sodikoff, Terence Ross, Joel R. Weiner
- Corporate Investigations and White-collar Criminal Defense – Scott A. Resnik, Gil M. Soffer, Sheldon T. Zenner
- Financial Services Litigation – Claudia Callaway, Gregory S. Korman, Stuart M. Richter
- Financial Services Regulation – Wendy E. Cohen, Lance A. Zinman
- General Commercial Disputes – David A. Crichlow, Theresa A. Foudy, Kelly D. Hine, Barrett R. Howell, Christian T. Kemnitz, Stacey McKee Knight, Brandon N. McCarthy, William J. Moore, Anthony L. Paccione, Ross O. Silverman, Gil M. Soffer, Sheldon T. Zenner
- Healthcare: Advice to Service Providers – Lisa Atlas Genecov, Laura Keidan Martin, Joseph V. Willey
- M&A: Middle-market (sub-$500m) – Mark R. Grossmann (Leading Individual); Brian J. Hecht, Kenneth W. Miller
- Media and Entertainment: Litigation – David Halberstadter, Zia F. Modabber, Gloria Franke Shaw, Tami Kameda Sims, Joel R. Weiner
- Private Equity Buyouts – Kenneth W. Miller, Kimberly T. Smith
- Real Estate – Frank E. Arado, David R. Dlugie, Alvin Katz, Timothy G. Little, Seth R. Madorsky, Martin Siroka, Scott M. Vetri, Benzion J. Westreich
- Restructuring (including Bankruptcy): Corporate – James V. Drew, Steven J. Reisman, Eric Seitz, John P. Sieger
- Securities Litigation: Defense – Michael J. Diver (Next Generation Partner), Anthony L. Paccione, Bruce G. Vanyo (Leading Lawyer), Richard H. Zelichov
- Sport – Adam R. Klein, Daniel H. Render
- Structured Finance: Derivatives and Structured Products – Guy Dempsey, Gary DeWaal, Kevin M. Foley, Don J. Macbean, Stanford A. Renas, Lance A. Zinman
- Structured Finance: Securitization – Chris DiAngelo, Stephen B. Esko, Anna-Liza B. Harris, John Keiserman, Seth M. Messner, Howard Schickler, Joseph Topolski
- Trademarks: Litigation (Intellectual Property) – Kristin J. Achterhof, Karen Artz Ash, Roger P. Furey, Floyd A. Mandell
- Transport: Aviation and Air Travel – Finance – Tom Healey, Timothy J. Lynes
- US Taxes: Non-contentious – Jill E. Darrow, Valentina Famparska, Saul E. Rudo
The Legal 500 analyzes the capabilities and assesses the strengths of law firms across the world, with a comprehensive research program revised and updated every year to bring the most up-to-date vision of the global legal market. The rankings are based on a series of criteria and highlight the practice area teams that are providing the most cutting edge and innovative guidance to corporate counsel. Research is based on feedback from 300,000 clients worldwide, submissions from law firms and interviews with leading private practice lawyers, and a team of researchers who have unrivaled experience in the legal market.